Electronics & Repairs Technician
The purpose of the role will be to evaluate & repair coding equipment that customers have returned to base, including thermal transfer & inkjet printers.
About Clearmark Solutions Ltd
Established in 2001 and celebrating its 20th birthday this year, Clearmark Solutions is a £20 million turnover, privately owned business, employing 80 people in its purpose-built head office buildings in Nottinghamshire. The company provide award-winning coding and labelling technologies and associated turnkey engineering services to a wide variety of markets including food, e-commerce and pharmaceutical.
Clearmark has grown incredibly from a start-up business 20 years ago, and has consistently achieved growth since its inception through providing market-leading innovative technology, consultancy, technical system design and comprehensive service.
The company has had a successful 2020 despite difficult market conditions and is on a growth path in 2021, with projects to develop new technology and enter new markets making this an exciting time to join the business. The company has a fantastic team spirit and a real culture of togetherness in achieving their goals.
Clearmark is currently looking for an Electronics & Repairs Technician to join their team.
About the role
As an Electronics & Repairs Technician you will be responsible for:
- Thorough evaluations and for completing an accurate Excel report for each unit
- Assessing returned units and fault finding
- Repairing equipment to a high standard
- Report writing
- Diagnosing PCB faults and carrying out the necessary testing and repairs
- Testing new equipment
- Packaging and despatching repaired equipment
- Accepting and processing incoming deliveries on a rotational basis
- Liaising with colleagues to gather further information
- Maintaining the workshop facilities and equipment
- Other testing and workshop tasks as required
To be successful in your application for this Electronics & Repairs role you will need:
- An Electrical Engineering qualification
- A sound knowledge of small mechanical/electrical/electronic equipment
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- The ability to complete work set to a high standard and within the timescales set
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to collate and write reports
- A great work ethic
- To work within COSHH & Health & safety guidelines
- Good communication skills at all levels
- A Mechanical Engineering qualification
- Experience using MS Office including Excel
What you can expect from us
- A competitive salary
- You will be part of a successful and growing organisation which values and encourages its employees
- You will be rewarded in accordance with your experience, skills, attitude and commitment
- You will receive annual leave of 26 days per annum plus bank holidays
- Weekend overtime is paid at double time
- You will receive a competitive package (including private healthcare) after successfully completing a qualifying period