Technical Support Engineer
Be an integral part of the team providing front line technical support on the phone and via email to customers.
About Clearmark Solutions Ltd
Established in 2001 and celebrating its 20th birthday this year, Clearmark Solutions is a £20 million turnover, privately owned business, employing 80 people in its purpose-built head office buildings in Nottinghamshire. The company provide award-winning coding and labelling technologies and associated turnkey engineering services to a wide variety of markets including food, e-commerce and pharmaceutical.
Clearmark has grown incredibly from a start-up business 20 years ago, and has consistently achieved growth since its inception through providing market-leading innovative technology, consultancy, technical system design and comprehensive service.
The company has had a successful 2020 despite difficult market conditions and is on a growth path in 2021, with projects to develop new technology and enter new markets making this an exciting time to join the business. The company has a fantastic team spirit and a real culture of togetherness in achieving their goals.
Clearmark is currently looking for 2 Technical Support Engineers to join their Technical Support team.
Reporting into the Technical Support Engineer Manager, as a Technical Support Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Providing efficient, accurate and exceptional front line technical support on the phone and via email to customers
- Working alongside the engineering scheduler allocating service engineers to the relevant off-site job whilst keeping a consistent, detailed log and record of customer enquiries
- Adhering to customer requests and desired needs by providing various application specific print sample reports
- Carrying out technical training sessions for customers and internal staff
- Carrying out machinery repairs one day a week in our dedicated repair centre
- Joining some of our experienced service engineers in the field*
* Dependent on business demands
To be successful in your application for this Technical Support Engineer role you will need:
- A degree in an Engineering discipline
- To be up to date on relevant IT skills
- A basic knowledge in networking
- An in-depth understanding of the company’s software and hardware (in-house training will be provided along with self-learning)
- The ability to think analytically when endeavouring to diagnose faults and support customers
- To be a highly professional individual who is able to communicate clearly and effectively
What you can expect from us
- A competitive salary depending upon qualifications and experience
- You will be part of a successful and growing organisation which values and encourages its employees
- You will receive annual leave of 26 days per annum (pro-rata, excluding bank holidays)
- Your normal working hours are 40 hours per week, between 8.30am and 5.30pm dependent on business requirements. Paid on call support at weekends is optional once experienced
- You will receive a competitive package (including private healthcare) after successfully completing a qualifying period